Thursday, May 16, 2013

Those nasty numbers!

So, numbers and the scale are totally f'ing with my head...more than usual. 

I've been having horrible knee pain for the last few months, which I've been ignoring and just hoping will get better. Of course, it hasn't, so I knew I had to make an appointment to see someone in my primary's office. When I saw the doc the other day, he was really impressed with my weight loss, but said it would be great if I could lose more. 

WTH?!?! Yeah, buddy...I know, I'm working on it. Thanks. In his defense, he meant no harm and I had never met him before, so he had no idea that he had just rocked my world for the day. He was incredibly nice, but that just hit me like a ton of bricks. 

Yes, I know I have probably another full body worth of extra skin hanging off me, but COME ON! I can't still be this fat. I can't.

So, from here out, I think I might have to have the baby daddy hide the scale from me. I jump on it, I kid you not, every time I walk into my bathroom. That's not healthy, I know this...but I can't help it. I think I'm going to just grab the tape measure and use that to help me track from now on. I'm gaining muscle and I'm definitely still shrinking, so hopefully seeing those numbers go down will keep me from freaking out over the numbers on the scale. 




1 comment:

  1. Weight loss surgery helps people with extreme obesity to lose weight.Cosmetic Surgeon Dr.Milan
    Doshi,Alluremedspa,Mumbai,India.click here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, but please remember that I'm being honest here, both with myself and my readers. I expect you to be honest, but please be kind, too. This is a tough journey and it's hard to admit a lot of things, even anonymously. Mutual respect!

xoxo,

Vera