Thursday, September 13, 2012

A little self pep talk...

Day off today and I'm home alone, which can always be dangerous for me. I've been prepping myself for a great day of relaxation, writing, and self care and giving myself a little pep talk.  

A la Stuart Smalley, my affirmation for today:  




I will not let the kitchen call my name. I don't need to binge. I don't need to purge and hurt myself. I can write, I can go down to the gym, I can walk the dog. I can start a new book, I can clean, I can catch up on paperwork. I will call my grandpa to catch up with him. I can do anything I want for the next five hours until the little lady comes home from school. It will NOT revolve around food.  

I would love to know why my thoughts automatically turn to food. Why is it such a preoccupation? Why is it always on my mind, even when I'm not hungry? How do you change such automatic thoughts? They've always been there and I know it will take a long time to change them, but I just wish I had more control over them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, but please remember that I'm being honest here, both with myself and my readers. I expect you to be honest, but please be kind, too. This is a tough journey and it's hard to admit a lot of things, even anonymously. Mutual respect!

xoxo,

Vera