Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

If you wouldn't mind, pretty please, send a little voodoo magic my way to hopefully give me the strength to resist the urge to eat every piece of chocolate in my daughter's bag tonight. She's tube fed and couldn't care less about the candy part of Halloween, so the candy burden always falls on dad and me. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE it...but I absolutely in no way need chocolate around! I can't be trusted around chocolate of any kind, baked goods, or even cakey carby things that I don't like.  I become a monster and nothing is safe.  


Yep.  That's me with the fangs.

I'm planning to take what she and dad don't want to work with me, but there will still be almost a 24 hour window with candy in the house. I'm going to have to have him hide it, but the problem is that I WILL find it. Nothing can hide.

Wish me luck! Good luck to everyone facing the same temptation tonight and always. Sugar is the last thing we all need after weight loss surgery, but sometimes the temptation is just too hard to take and I cave. Do I want to regain anything? NO. Do I want to dump and feel like crap? Maybe, but only if it would totally deter me from ever being "bad" again. 

Don't.eat.the.candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, but please remember that I'm being honest here, both with myself and my readers. I expect you to be honest, but please be kind, too. This is a tough journey and it's hard to admit a lot of things, even anonymously. Mutual respect!

xoxo,

Vera